Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My 15/8/09

It happened to be the morning of 15/8 ; I was switching between the television channels with background scolding’s from my dad for not being firm even in sticking on to a television program; My attitude of switching between channels gives him pleasant choice of blaming my entire generation of not being firm on their decision, lackadaisical ,….y ,z; O My god ; At times I just ask him only question ; ‘Dad how were you in your early 20’s ?’ and the answer would be suffixed with the word ‘responsibilities’ of the n th degree;
In those background chorus, to the fascination of my eyes there came the PARDE of our brave soldiers; joining from the three wing- air force, navy and army in grandeur;
As a child I was always fascinated by the token of respect which the uniform of these guards of the nation gathered in the minds of masses; it’s indomitable;
Is it the lure of the march or the absorption of the color or the appeal of discipline; these brave patriots deserve a salute for their exertion;
It’s some of this fascination that had made me fill application forms for joining air force or navy in particular;
Who knows had I joined the Naval college of Engineering, I might be proud of the script for myself, as I would also be a proud patriot of the nation which gives each and every one a life filled with dignity.
Whatever for now I could just fulfill one dream of mine in the future:
One day I would like to sit among the audience in the RED fort and just relish seeing these virtual (watching in square box) guardians perform in reality;
Now that the grand parade is over my dad is ready to pour his second round of blessings :)

Part of the inspiration gathered nourishment in my school days. The school’s founder being an ex-major general was able to transmit the discipline & values to the thousands graduating from school.

No comments: